Friday, November 30, 2012

WORLD OF SHELL AND BONE, cover reveal!

I'm so happy to be involved in spreading the word about WORLD OF SHELL AND BONE, a new novel by my friend ADRIANA RYAN. Today help me shoutout a huge "BRAVO" for World of Shell and Bone bookcover!

World of Shell and Bone
By Adriana Ryan
Coming December 7th, 2012
Cover by: James Helps (http://humblenations.com/)

In a world ravaged by a nuclear holocaust, Vika Cannon knows there are no guarantees: no guarantees of safety, no guarantees that your neighbor is not actually a spy for the government, and no guarantees you’ll be allowed to emigrate to a new life in Asia.

New Amana is dying. Food and water are scarce, and people suffering from radiation-caused mutations—the Nukeheads—are the new class of homeless. 

Vika has just one purpose: to produce healthy progeny using a Husband assigned by the Match Clinic. Unhealthy children are carted away to Asylums to be experimented on, just as Vika’s little sister Ceres was, eight years ago. Parents incapable of producing healthy progeny are put to death in gas chambers.

When she’s assigned a Husband shortly after her twentieth birthday, Vika expects him to be complacent and obedient. But Shale Underwood has a secret. He is a member of the Radicals, the terrorist group intent on overthrowing the government. And Shale has information about Ceres.

As she learns more about the Rads’s plan, Vika finds herself drawn to Shale in ways she’d never imagined. When freedom calls in the way of a healthy pregnancy, will she betray her government and risk death for Shale and Ceres? 

Bio: Adriana Ryan lives and writes in Charleston, SC. She is currently at work on a dystopian and an urban fantasy series. A huge fan of spooky stuff and shoes, she enjoys alternately hitting up the outlet malls and historic graveyards.

Contact her using the form at the top right of this website or emailadriana@adrianaryan.com.

Adriana Ryan is a member of the Romance Writer’s Association (RWA).

Contact: Adriana@adrianaryan.com

http://adrianaryan.com

www.facebook.com/authoradrianaryan

www.twitter.com/adrianaryansc

57 comments :

  1. Yayyy! Thank you so much for revealing for me, Joylene! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about new books. Congratulations Adriana. Love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is very eye catching and I liked the description. It sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a spectacular book cover! Adriana, you have quite an imagination to script such a story. Best wishes on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a revealing cover all right :)
    Really, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Your blog is also especially beautiful today!

      Delete
  6. Congrats to Adriana! Thanks, Joylene, for bringing it to our attention. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very eye-catching cover, for sure! Best of luck to Adriana for much success with her book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book sounds like one of my favourites, only with a new twist. I like the idea of it a lot.
    Congratulations to the author! That is VERY exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, Jack! Which book is it? I've been told it reminds early readers of The Handmaid's Tale and The Road, both of which I take to be HUUUUGE compliments, of course! :D

      Delete
  9. Hi Joylene!

    Congratulations to Adriana. This story sounds intriguing and cover is interesting!

    Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joylene,

    Humble and sincere apologies for not delighting you with one of my eagerly anticipated comments recently. Bit of a hectic time for all the wrong reasons.

    Anyway, before I head off to Wales, I thought I should duly note Adriana's book does indeed seem like a compelling read. And um...the cover...right then, my work is done here.....

    Your adoring and starstruck fan, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, looks like a great book. I love that cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Thank you so much for wanting to help in spreading word on my book! All the help I can get the better. Would, I need to send something like a guest post? (And, since it is any day after the 15th - which I've lots of days free during those ones. Maybe the 17th?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack, I sent you an email. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. It truly is a stunning cover! I'm so excited for Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cover! And an intriguing story to go with it. And it's going to be here later this week. Cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing cover! However, it won't pop on my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Duh! It's a cover reveal. Just shows I'm really interested (and moving too fast here, LOL).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Your opinions matter.