Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Better New Year.

I'm guest blogging over at EverydayBloggers until next Thursday. Please stop by. If anything, I've got one yummy turkey recipe. Don't you find every few years it's nice to try a new recipe? Yes, me too.

On a personal note, I was discussing the internet with my friend Pat Bertram. I happened to mention that I'm grateful for the Wide World Web because it's made me a better person. I'm taking liberties and repeating what Pat said because it's very poignant.

"I too am a better person because of it. On the internet, you can create yourself as the person you want to be, and in that creating, you can become that person."

That's a good thing to ponder as we race toward Christmas and the New Year. Let's all become naive this coming year and turn into wonderful, creative and loving human beings. I'm definitely going to try. Meanwhile, here's a yummy Brownies recipe:

Quick-Fix Cheesecake Brownies


Ingredients (Makes 32 brownies)
1 900-g package brownie mix
1 250-g package cream cheese, room temperature
1 tspvanilla extract
1 egg yolk

Instructions

  1. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package. With an electric mixer, beat remaining ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and spreadable.
  2. In a greased 9" x 12" ovenproof dish, pour in half the brownie batter. Drop half the cream-cheese mixture by spoonfulls over the brownie batter and spread. Pour in remaining batter and dot top with remaining cream-cheese mixture.
  3. With a knife, gently stir batter and cream-cheese mixture together to create a marbled effect. Bake as directed on package.

Nutritional information

Nutrients per brownie: 148 calories, 4 g fat, 25 g carbohydrates

4 comments :

  1. Your brownie recipe, and the turkey stuffing one, sound scrumptious! I'll have to try them... at least the brownie one. I'm not sure my clan will let me deviate from the traditional stuffing they're used to. :)

    Pat's comment touches on the two-sided sword of everyone's web presence in that none of us really knows the authenticity of anyone else we encounter. I don't think I agree we can actually become the person whose image we create, but certainly internet visibility makes us think twice about our public image. We can learn to control our words and reactions so that we behave in more caring and responsible ways... and in that way I guess we do become better people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my "anonymous" comment above. I accidentally hit the enter key before I'd finished. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a problem. It is always nice hearing from you, Careann. Your words always make me stop and think. At my age, that's a good thing. Sometimes, I get a little too set in my ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're never "too set in our ways", are we? Maybe just more predictable? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.