Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jamaica Me Happy

Those of you who have been married for any length of time will no doubt recognize the signs of bliss. Look at Cory's and Shannon's faces and you can see that they love each other very much. It's exciting to imagine what endless possibilities their futures hold.


During my two weeks at Breezes Runaway Bay, there must have been three or four weddings a day. It took only a short time to noticed that Cory and Shannon were inseparable while many of the other couples were together on their wedding day, but conspicuously solo the rest of the time.

I'm very excited for my son and his beautiful wife, and their future. They will laugh hard, play until the cows come home, while at the same time grow in mind and spirit. They will share good times and bad, and their love will grow stronger. Their memories will mount quickly. In fact, their life together will go by too fast. Some will say they seem stronger together, yet others will notice their strength of character and their unique individuality.

Life isn't always fair or easy. Sharing in Cory and Shannon's happiness was a joy I'll not soon forget. I'll leave it to the poetics to express the sheer magnitude of it all.

12 comments :

  1. Yes Joylene, even a mere male can see that in the pictures. There is more to a marriage when the partners are buddies as well.

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, but you're not a mere male.

    smile

    It was disturbing how many couples weren't seen together after the wedding. Makes you wonder why they got married in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunset silhouettes are gorgeous -- the beginning of a new life captured at the end of a perfect day. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've spending way too much time looking over all these beautiful pictures. I'm excited for them. But I'm reminded how fast it all goes by. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was a bride?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even pretend it was... our 50th is coming up this fall! So yes, it goes by remarkably fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Carol, 50th. That's a big accomplishment. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, yay, yay! Glad the wedding moment was a momentus beginning to many, many moments to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks, Keith. It was so wonderful that I long to return.

    Can one capture that magic twice?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the silhouette--you capured a moment! These are memories none of you will ever forget

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Katt. Wish I could take credit for it. I borrowed this pic from the kids. It's my favourite for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the pictures of "home" this week---yikes! When will it be summer? I'm glad you're home though---I really missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plenty of sun today. We had a memorial outside for a good friend and the sun shone brightly. Nice, eh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.