Monday, July 27, 2009

Born to Vent

I read recently that blogging is often used for venting. I read that and thought, Venting? I know how to do that.

For instance, do you suppose Stephen King, John Grisham, Danielle Steel or Tami Hoag do chores in the morning before they sit down at their computer? Stuff like: dishes, dusting, laundry, gardening, watering, or bed making? Even before Mr. King was a household name, did he have household work to do ... ever?

I still can't picture him making his own bed.

It's now 9:40 am and I'm just sitting down. I was up at 6:30. Yes, it's true I could rise earlier, only if I did that I'd have to retire earlier, and it's too hot. After 3 hours, I'm just finishing up my daily duties, not to mention I made my boys some huckleberry muffins out of the goodness of my heart because they were kind enough to pick me a bucketful Saturday. I burned the first batch because I was outside weeding. But they're still edible. You just have to cut off the tops.

Will the day come when I can rise, eat breakfast and go directly to work? I'm wondering that while images of dust bunnies, dirty dishes and stinky laundry pile up around me. Unless, of course, there comes a time when I'm (the writer) so filthy rich that I can afford a housekeeper.

Vent #2:

I'll be back. I had vent #2, but after I burned the muffins, it vanished from my mind. I'm sure it's still here somewhere.
--
joylene

8 comments :

  1. Venting - It sure beats baking. I dunno much about the housework stuff, or cooking, laundry, or huckleberries. Can't wait to see Vent #2 - must be a doozy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vent #2? yeah, I'm sure it was. If only I could remember....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. If you can't remember it, it doesn't need venting too badly. Now burning the huckleberry muffins might lead one to vent mightily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could vent about the heat. At 8 a.m. it's 25 degrees here, and heading for 35-37 today. I hate heat!

    As for writers not being able to escape the mundane, it's one of those nasty realities in life. Nobody sees what we do as a *real* job unless our name is on the New York Times best sellers list. It's just not fair, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keith. I'm eating the burnt muffins and they're not half bad. A little overdone.

    Careann - we're experiencing the same thing here. I'm rising at 5:30 in the morning so I can get my chores done before the heat sets in. On the plus side, duh, I do live on a lake. I can't complain.

    Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it with you Canadians & heat??? Me n' Keith could tell ya about REAL HEAT. Besides, 35 is only 3 degrees above freezing! One more thing - if it's so dang hot... whaddya doin' bakin' (scorchin') muffins for in the first place???? Yaknow I'm kidding. D

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, very funny. 36 degrees Celsius is 94 F. I think. Anyway, it's HOT! And very very humid. My poor cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wrong it's 96.8 F

    Wow, no wonder my ankles are the size of birch trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.