Sunday, October 11, 2009

TO OUR SOLDIERS OVERSEAS



Today my family and I sit down for our annual Thanksgiving Dinner, grateful that our son, who served with the 4AD SUAV in Kandahar for seven months, is home this Thanksgiving with his friends and family. We sit down to hot turkey, thick gravy, sweet potatoes and lots of cookies and squares, more thankful than we can ever say.


Our thoughts are with those who still serve in the Middle East and with the families left behind. God Bless you and keep you safe. And thank you for your great service. 



If you're not Canadian, best wishes to you on your Thanksgiving Day.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

May God grant us the peace that we all pray for.

6 comments :

  1. Thank you, Carol. Same to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great! Could someone please pass the mashed potatoes, turkey and dressing and gravy? I'm wiping the drool off my keyboard!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all---I'm so happy your family could be together this year!
    Blessings to you my friend
    Hugs
    Katt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your soldier son Cory is an awesome dude & remember the relief I felt when he returned home safe n' sound, even though I only 'know' you n' yours from blogging. Sounds silly I guess, but it's absolutely true. Hope you have/had (I'm way behind) a great Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to make it home (out of town again) for ours this year. Miss this one - it'll be 3 in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Katt. Your good thoughts mean a lot.

    Dave, you old softy. I hope you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. I'm keeping my fingers crossed until November 23rd. It'll be tough, but I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tribute, Joylene. I can only imagine how happy you are your son is safe. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.