Sunday, November 22, 2009

Latest News from Cluculz Lake



This is called an Inukshuk and it is one of the logos for the 2010 Olympics, held in Vancouver, BC, Canada. While it symbolizes the strength and fortitude of the Inuit people, it also says, "You are on the right path."

The torch below was designed to be representative of our our nation during the Olympics.





My family and I are thrilled to announce that our youngest son will be carrying the torch November 25th, 2009. If you follow my blog then you know that Cory, who recently returned from his 7-month tour in Kandahar, Afghanistan, is stationed in Gagetown and has served his country diligently for 11 years. He was chosen to carry the torch, and we couldn't be more proud and excited for him.

You can view the relay live at: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/torch/follow-torch/index.html











Keith Pyeatt, author of STRUCK won the 2009 New Mexico Book Award for Mystery/Suspense Novels; deservingly so. 










My article TROUBLED BY POINT OF VIEW? PARTICULARLY OMNI? is the featured post on Selling Books today.

If you have any news and would like to add it below, let me asap and I'll post it.

* cluculzwriter at yahoo dot ca

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It's always nice to hear good news! Congratulations to Keith and to Cory.

    I've been following the torch relay online. Did you know there's daily live coverage at http://www.ctvolympics.ca/torch/follow-torch/index.html ? I'm hoping we'll get to see Cory's run either on TV or online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome for you and Cory! Great photos in the blog, BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, Carol. We definitely don't want to miss any story about the torch. Cory promises that there will be plenty of pics regardless of him being on tv or not.

    Thanks, Vicki. You're too kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks for including me in the news, Joylene. Was an exciting moment. And as I've noted over on Facebook, so proud to hear about Cory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pleased to announce your award on my blog, Keith. I'm prouder than punch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.