Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Introducing my very own editor, Leanne Flett Kruger.

For the next several months, you'll be hearing a lot about my editor Leanne Flett Kruger. Leanne is editing my upcoming novel Broken But Not Dead, due to be released by Theytus Books in 2011. Her enthusiasm and excitement for my work has lifted me up in ways I didn't think possible. One day I was feeling a bit low and I asked God, "Could You please give me some inspiration. I could really use the motivation." And He introduced me to Leanne.

Leanne Flett Kruger is Cree Métis. After graduating from the First Nations creative writing program of the En'owkin Centre, Leanne continued her studies in publishing at Simon Fraser University and then began working with Theytus Books. Leanne’s work has been published in several anthologies, and she has received numerous awards including the Mungo Martin Memorial Award for excellence in creative writing. After being awarded a grant from the Canada Council for the Arts, Leanne began working on her first novel. Taking Care of Mother Earth is her first book with Theytus.

12 comments :

  1. What a blessing and a treasure! Congrats on finding a good editor and on the upcoming book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen. Yes, a treasure indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joylene,
    The positive interaction between Leanne and your good self is most assuredly an inspirational resource for both of you.
    Well done to the both of you and hearty congratulations on having your novel, 'Broken But Not Dead', published in 2011. I look forward to that and purchasing a copy:-)
    With respect, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two sound like a wonderful team. I'm sure you'll have fun and produce something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it must be wonderful to have a good agent and/or editor to offer expertise in the revision and editing process. Happy editing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hi Gary. Thank you so much for your good wishes. Back at ya!

    @Hi Keith. I'll let you know all about it as our work continues. Thanks for stopping by.

    @Carol, you are absolutely correct. The relationship between writer and editor is so important. It's certainly giving me a lift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrilled for you, Joylene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news. Will you be chronicaling your experience? What does an editor do exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karl. I will definite keep blogging on my experience working with Leanne. I'm planning on doing more posts on what it is she does too. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so wonderful to find an editor who is enthusiastic about our work. I also was fortunate that my editor at Nimbus made me feel as though I had written THE best book in the world. It really helps us to have even more faith and confidence in our book. Doesn't it?

    You will enjoy the editing process I'm sure! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elegantly put, Laura. And my sentiments exactly. Leanne has praised my work so highly that most days I'm blushing all day long. A wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.