Thursday, May 13, 2010

LIES AND CREATIVE WRITERS



I'm very pleased to announce that A. F. Stewart has nominated me for Creative Writer Blogger Award. Thank you, Anita!

Now the fun begins.  As a recipient of this award I must tell lies and one truth, and you have to guess which statement is the true one.  Then, I get to hand the creative torch along to seven other bloggers, so they too might think up a few whoppers and pass the fun forward.



THE RULES

1.  Thank the person who gave you the award and link to them.
2.  Add the award to your blog
3.  Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and One Truth.
4.  Nominate seven creative liars -- I mean writers and post links to them.
5.  Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
 

WHICH IS TRUE?
  1. My favourite female singer is Helen Reddy.
  2. My favourite male singer is Bruce Willis.
  3. I prefer the climate in Kandahar verses the climate in Skagway.
  4. I once danced with Tom Jones at the PNE in Vancouver.
  5. I attended Roy Orbison's appearance at the Cave twice in one night.
  6. My least favourite dessert is ice-cream.
  7. I like bathing my cat Buster.
Some of My Favourite Creative Writers: in no particular order:
  1.  Carole Anne Carr: http://caroleannecarr.blogspot.com/
  2.  Dave Ebright: http://jaxpop.blogspot.com/
  3.  Kathryn Neff Perry: http://kattskomments.blogspot.com/
  4.  Keith Pyeatt: http://keithpyeatt.blogspot.com/
  5.  Carol J. Garvin: http://careann.wordpress.com/
  6.  Karen Lange: http://karenelange.blogspot.com/
  7.  Cherley Grogg: http://editred.com/Cherley
I wanted to mention more, but they said NO. So, give it your best guess and I'll fess up before month's end.

Happy writing.
--
joylene

10 comments :

  1. Gee, thanks, Joylene! Fiction writing is all about lies, but coming up with six personal ones??? That's going to take some thinking. (And I have sooooo much free time on my hands right now!) ;)

    Let's see... I'll guess #6 is your true statement. (It better not be #7. You can't possibly like bathing a cat, can you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joylene! What a nice Thursday surprise. I'm honored to receive this from you. Will have to give this some thought...

    As for you, I'm going to take a guess and say #5. I may be way off, but figure I'd give it a go:)

    Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joylene,
    And you are indeed a most worth recipient of the 'Creative Writer Blogger Award.'
    As you know, I am very aware of Carole's creative prowess. I shall check out your other links.
    I reckon that you may have danced with Tom Jones at the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver. I know that Tom used to do a variety show, based in North Vancouver, back in the 1980's. So..hmmmm..I wonder.
    I did a blog called 'Fact or Factoid' which was very similar to this theme.
    All the very best to you, Joylene.
    Kind wishes and respect, Gary:-)
    P.S. did you mean that fine Australian singer 'Helen Reddy'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, Joylene! Will be looking forward to 'knowing the truth'! Thank you so much for including me. Nearly midnight, so off to bed. But shall think about what to write in response to the challenge. Mmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Carol, haha. I'm not telling. Yet. Thanks for voting.

    @Karen, thanks for voting. I'm going to be sneaky and not 'fess up just yet.

    @Gary, thanks for correcting me. I did mean Helen Reddy. Or is it Redding? Geesh, now I'm not sure. Guess I better check.

    @Thanks Carole. I agree, this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to guess that you prefer Kandahar's weather to Alaska. Who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Josh. Thanks for participating. I'll let you know if you're right in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheesh! Thanks. I gotta put some thought into this. Glad it's 6 lies & not 6 truths!

    I'm going to guess that #4 is the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Joy. Personally I think the truth is #7! Just got back from Ft. Myers----give me a few days.
    Hugs
    Katt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. This was fun. The truth was #5. Thanks to a dear friend, who was dating Mr. Orbison's stage manager at the time, me and my girlfriends had front seats for both concerts that night. Back in August 1975. The experience was a highlight among many good times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.