Unaware that Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz was even following my blog, what an awesome surprise to learn that she presented me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Penny. I'm thrilled. Honestly, at first I thought it was a mistake.
Penny is one of those special people who volunteers, is a freelance writer, author, and copyeditor for MuseItUp Publishing and Damnation Books LLC/Eternal Press, and an all round terrific human being. I've always admired Penny's dedication to our craft and receiving this award from her is terrific. If you haven't already visited Penny's blog, please stop by and see who else she nominated.
1. Thank those who loved me enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Present this honour onto 15 newly discovered or followed bloggers–in no particular order–who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen new friends know I love them.
Thank you very much, Penny. You made my month. The fact you even know my blog exists is an absolute thrill!
Seven things about me:
1. I'm a complete mess when it comes to sic or dying animals. My experience at farm-sitting this summer had me on melt-down a few times.
2. I love kid's movies and have seen Polar Express, Shrek, The Rescuers, and Christmas Carol (to name a few) over two dozen times each.
3. I have a huge crush on late night interviewer and southern gentleman Charlie Rose. In fact, I sometimes dream about sitting at his roundtable discussing all of my bestselling novels. But first I'd chat with Tavis Smiley. Charlie would be the icing on the cake.
4. I'm known as sensible Jo, yet I love to drive very very fast. I was clocked at 143 mph when I was a young woman. Shortly after that I started racing at the local track. Three decades later, I use cruise control to rein myself in.
5. Thirty plus years ago, my professors at SFU told me to give up writing and to go home and have babies. The resulting pity-party, thankfully, didn't last long.
6. I love technology and, if I could afford it, I'd own every devise known to man. Yet -- I'm a complete airhead when it comes to the stock market. I still can't figure how why our loonie goes up then down then up then down ten times in one week.
7. The night before a book signing or reading, I can't sleep and am often physically ill. The throwing up part lasts until I climb into the car to drive the 68 kms to town.
In no particular order, fifteen Bloggers I admire and follow and can't say enough nice things about:
1. Gary Klahanie, A Man Challenging His 'Inner Critic'. http://klahanie.blogspot.com/
2. Carol Garvin, Mental Meanderings on Life and Writing by Carol J. Garvin: http://careann.wordpress.com/
3. Jo Ann Hernandez, BronzeWord Latino Authors, Creating excellence; http://www.authorslatino.com/blog/
4. Christine Hart, Thoughts on Writing and Making Things; http://sleeplessstoryteller.blogspot.com/
5. Dave Elbright, JaxPop, Haunted City Writer, http://jaxpop.blogspot.com/
6. Keith Pyeatt, Horror With Heart, Paranormal thrills, real emotion.http://keithpyeatt.blogspot.com/
7. Marta Stephens, Novel Works, A place where writers and book lovers come together; http://novelworks2.blogspot.com/
8. Anita Stewart, A.F.Stewart's Blog, Rants, writing, and updates by fantasy writer A. F. Stewart. http://afstewartblog.blogspot.com/
9. Christopher Hoare, The Wildcat's Victory, The Official Book Blog of Soft Science Fiction/Alternative World Novelist Christopher Hoare, http://thewildcatsvictory.wordpress.com/
10. Pat Brown, P.A.Brown, http://www.pabrown.ca/
11. Laura Best, Author, http://lauraabest.wordpress.com/
12. Carole Anne Carr, a commonplace blog where a children's author and friends can share; http://caroleannecarr.blogspot.com/
13. Cher'ley Grogg, Mirror, Mirror, Who's the Next to Die? http://cgrogg.blogspot.com/
14. Cher Green, Footsteps of a Writer, A walk with an aspiring writer, http://chergreen.blogspot.com/
15. Kathryn Neff Perry, Katt's Komments, http://kattskomments.blogspot.com/
I thought choosing 15 would be difficult, but it wasn't. These bloggers never fail to make me think, dream and aspire.
Please take a few minutes to visit these amazing bloggers. Thanks again, Penny!