Monday, October 11, 2010

Author Chimamanda Adichie

In honour of our Canadian Thanksgiving, I'd like to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Wherever you may be, thank you for all your support. It's been truly awesome and much appreciated.



This link came to me from a dear online friend. It's a talk by a wonderful writer from Nigeria by the name of Chimamanda Adichie on the danger of a single story. During your busy day, take time out (18:49 minutes to be exact) to hear Chimamanda's talk. I promise it won't be time wasted. 


4 comments :

  1. Dear Joylene,
    And here's wishing you and your loved ones a peaceful and positive Thanksgiving.
    Your kind interaction with me has been greatly appreciated.
    I shall check Chimamanda's link, later on tonight. I'm about to watch the BC Lions play the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. It will make me feel like I'm back in Canada.
    All the very best and enjoy the day.
    With respect, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gary. You're very sweet. Sadly, BC isn't doing so well. I was born in Manitoba, so I'm torn. But they both can't win.

    I'm sure you'll enjoy Chimamanda's talk. She's a fascinating woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joylene - I just listened to Chimamanda Adichie's talk. It was wonderful and inspiring. Thank you for including the link.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    -Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Judy. I was inspired too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.