Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Literary Agent Wendy Lawton, a honest perspective

If you've ever waited 12 months or longer for an agent's response, or you've been told you were in only to discover a month later that you're out, this link to Rachelle Gardner's blog is for you. Wendy Lawton's week-long topic on #AgentFail is as honest an insight as I've ever read.  She convinced me that in understanding the fallibility of the  agent's process and why it's so important to never take their rejection personally, the road to success is open to anyone. 
 Enjoy her posts.

Japanese Garden, Royal Roads University, British Columbia 
© Don Paulson

7 comments :

  1. Thanks, Joylene. You're right, her blog is very educational. I've learned more reading this than I have in five years of querying. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joylene,
    First of all, thanks for the gorgeous photo of the Japanese Gardens. Awesome!
    I've no doubt your link to Rachelle Gardner's blog will be of great value to serious, aspiring writers.
    Of course, me, I'm just a writing rebel. Besides, I have 'Penny', the Jack Russell and internet star, as my agent. Rock n' roll, Joylene.
    Enjoy your week and take care.
    With respect, Gary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Carrie, for stopping by. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny looks like a capable agent, too, Gary. She's got an intelligent eye and a charming disposition. Take care, Gary. Have a safe week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following Rachelle, too -- she always has an honest perspective to share on so many interesting topics! I haven't finished reading Wendy's posts yet (have been getting things organized to leave for the conference) but hope to have time tonight. They really look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time, Carol. I'm leaving for the Rural Writers retreat Thursday. Maybe we can compare notes when we get back. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're able to get to the Retreat. We'll both be enriched by our weekends away. And yes, we'll have to compare notes afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.