Sunday, January 30, 2011

STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD

Honestly, life just keeps getting better. I'm humbled by my latest award, "Stylish Blogger Award",  bestowed upon me by my dear internet friend Klahanie and his trusty dog, Penny the Jack Russell and modest internet star. Thank you kindly, Gary and Penny. I am thrilled and honoured.


The terms of the award are to share with you FIVE of my favourite things. And they are, drum roll please...

1. Most undoubtedly my top favourite would be spending time with my family and friends. They are my  source of joy and wonder.
2. Writing novels that my readers love to read. Yea, what a feeling! Thank you!
3. Blog hopping through our blogging community and chatting up a storm with the most interesting of peoples. The world really is a tiny place.
4.  Reading the incredible books my dear internet friends pour their hearts into writing.
5. Playing pool table poker every Sunday afternoon with my husband and my neighbours on Cluculz Lake.

And now, I pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to the following five, highly regarded, bloggers.  More drum roll, please ....

1. Laura Best, author: my little corner of the web. Laura is the author of a wonderful book titled Bitter, Sweet.
2. Paul S.: Pfeiffer Pfilms And Meg Movies. You've probably already guessed it. Paul adores Michelle and Meg. ... and for good reason.
3. Grandpa (Ai Wai): Life on the Farm. A delightful blog that caters to the soul and the heart.
4. C, Zampa: To Write is To Breathe, To Live, To Dance. And that's exactly what Carol inspires you to do.
5. Susanne Drazic: Putting Words Down On Paper. Susanne generously showcases other authors by helping bring their work to the forefront. Susanne is what the internet is all about.

I hope you're able to take a few moments out of your day to visit these incredible bloggers.

Have a peaceful weekend.
--
joylene

30 comments :

  1. Thank you Joylene, recieving that award from you is a real honour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The honour was all mine, Paul. You host a wonderful blog. Hope everyone stops by to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Joylene, and such an honour coming from you. Your blog is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura. I sense that I surprised you? Good! You're doing a marvelous job and this is my way of saying so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Joylene! And congrats to the new winners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joylene,
    Isn't this great? I mean, there should laws against having this much fun:-) Hang on, better not give the government any ideas.
    You were most welcome for the award. Penny, the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star, declared you were an obvious choice.
    Nice to read about five of your favourite things. You are the best, Joylene.
    And, many congratulations to those you have passed on this much loved, highly coveted award, too.
    Take care and stay warm.
    Kind wishes, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Sy, and congrats to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, thank you. Have a wonderful, productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for thinking of me, Gary. It was a pleasant and appreciated surprise. Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Joylene,

    Congrats on your award! i'm still getting acquainted with your blog and i realize you really deserve the award, your stylish writer you!and you are a novelist. WOW.

    -Maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your kind words, Maria. You have done a great job on your blog, yourself. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I agree, I agree! Your blog is a must for me. I love reading about your life, and love your guests who have such good advice to share!

    And thank you for the award to me! Now I'll go and bestow it to five of my most respected blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Carol. I hope my readers who haven't been to your blog go so. It's a great site. You're always inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww.. Joylene! I was just reading your post as I normally do..., and was about to congrat you..when viola! What do you know I'm on your list! Thanks so much!

    I must say though I'm bad, and getting worse I'm afraid at receiving and passing on awards (Gary had bestowed to me another award earlier, by the way).

    Congratulations, and thank you for having me in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grandpa, that's the nice thing about these awards, you can follow up or not. Just giving you one was good enough for me. It's my way of saying thank you for all your support.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am with your favorites four out of five. I tried pool and really liked the idea of it but just can't play to save my life. But good memories! :)

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joylene, CONGRATS on receiving the Stylish Blogger Award.

    Thanks for choosing my blog to be a receipient of the award. What a fun surprise to stop by and find out I won an award.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shopgirl, hi! I love your blog. I did quite well yesterday at pool table poker. There were 12 of us and yes, we made wonderful memories. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susanne, you're very deserving. Hope your week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats, Joylene!

    Most deserved. After all, your blog is indeed, stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, Wendy. Coming from you that is truly a compliment. I love your blog. I hope my readers take the time to stop by and say howdy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the blog award! And thanks for following and commenting today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Susan. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Laura. Thank you for the visit. I liked your blog very much. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well deserved, Joylene... congratulations. And I learned something new from your list. I'd never heard the term, pool table poker. Sounds like fun.

    Hope you're getting the sunshine that's down here this week. It's such a welcome change... brightens everything up, including my mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, Carol.

    PTP is lots of fun. And simple to play. You deal out the complete deck of cards and place the hands on the table. Players randomly pick whatever hand they like. Then as each player takes a turn, the object is to shoot your corresponding ball into a pocket accordingly to the cards in your hand. The first person to get rid of their cards wins. And quite often it's someone who's not taking a turn. The 11, 12 and 13 balls are Jack, Queen and King. So if I down the Jack and you have three left, you win.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats, Joylene! And I am checking out the ones you sent the award to .. great! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you, Lynn. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.