Wednesday, February 2, 2011

LIFE IS GOOD AWARD

Life can be tough, everyone knows that. The pain and anguish of living through difficult times knows no prejudice, and no one is exempt from hardships. As I type this millions of people are suffering all over the world. One lady in Australia said on the news last week that even though she's going through horrendous times, she knows that many people have it worse.

So, how does one retain hope when the world is going to hell in a hand basket?

There are several names for it. Some call it faith. Some say it's simply stubbornness. Some call it courage. I think it's a combination of all three, and the strength to care. Because even in today's turbulent times, when technology is jetting us into the next decade faster than we can say cyberspace, something wonderful and unique and mind-boggling is growing. It's called: Community of Cyberpals.

I'm honoured to accept the Life is Good Award from my dear friend Grandpa, (Ai Wai) Life on The Farm. Grandpa's blog is a celebration of all parts of life. The good and the bad. Please do yourself a favour and stop by and say hello. Grandpa's photographs of his beautiful grandchild, his gardens, and his home are breathtaking.


Now, onto the requirements for the Life is Good Award:

1. First, thank and link back to the person who gave the award. (Thank you, Grandpa!)
2. Share some things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let know about the award.

I'm tweaking the rest a tiny bit. Here's 5 things about me that I hope help to explain who I am and why I think "Life is Good."

1. In the winter, yes most days the temperatures reaches a bone-chilling twenty degrees below zero before dinner; yet, I am blessed with the most spectacular sunsets on the planet.  


2. Once every two weeks, I travel the 68 km to the city for a day of shopping with three of the most hilarious, fun-loving ladies SNL could ever imagine.

3. I have a best-friend 700 km south that I can call any hour of the day or night, and she'll listen to my problems, my joys, and my sorrows. 

4. We have four strays cats and one beautiful Siberian husky who are more entertaining that any awarding winning series on television. 

5. It doesn't matter how cold it is; minus 39, bring it on. We have 8 cords of wood in the wood shed. LIFE IS GOOD!

Now I'd like to pass this award on to: 

1. Kathryn Neff Perry, Katt's Komments. Katt's just about one of the sweetest, gentlest people I know. Katt's prayer request circuit is renown. 

2. Carol J. Garvin, Careann's Musings. Visiting Carol's blog is like stopping for coffee with a dear friend and coming away feeling like a million dollars. 

3. Karen Lange, Write Now. Karen is trying to make the writing community a better place for all of us. Her generosity knows no bounds. 

4. Carole Anne Carr, a common place where a children's author and friends can share, is all about sharing and caring, and making a difference for children. How wonderful is that!

5. Wendy, aka Quillfeather, W.M.Morell's Musings From Down Under. Wendy has the ability to make the child in you smile. I love when that happens.  
Thanks, ladies. You are fantastic!
--
joylene

26 comments :

  1. That's so sweet of you to think of me, Joylene :)

    I am most humbled for the award to have come from you.

    Thank you :)

    PS. The temperature reaches a bone-chilling twenty degrees below zero? I can't imagine it. Oh, gorgeous view you've got :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to think of you, Wendy. Your blog is a wonderful place to spend some time, and I'm glad to let my readers know that. Have a terrific week.

    It's only -4 today, so I should probably 'fess up that I'm not anywhere near freezing. Toasty warm in front of our fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Joylene and thanks for sharing that sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joylene,
    Super congratulations on you receiving the 'Life is good' award from 'Grandpa'.
    Your words are thoughtful and indeed we have much to be grateful for.
    I'm personally honoured to be a part of this 'Community of Cyberpals' and it's my great honour to have gotten to know you, that little bit more.
    Well done to all those wonderful ladies (and of course, adoring fans of mine, I state ever so modestly) for receiving this award from you.
    Take very good care, Joylene, and stay warm. 'Life is good', you betcha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastically touching post. When I feel like crying, I just do it. Then I remember that I have food, a house, my health, my kids. And I pick myself up and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul. You are so very welcomed. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gary. The wonderful thing about blogging is I'm able to express myself in ways I could not do in person. I'd get all choked up and blubber. It's messy. LOL. Thanks for being my bud. Wish we could visit in May. Here's hoping a miracle occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elana. You cry, girl! Did I mention how much I enjoy your post. You have a lovely spirit and it shines through every word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As my father used to say when something unexpected turned up, "Well, blow me down!" It's been a long day today... just got home again a half-hour ago, tired and achy, and settled in to catch up on my favourite blogs... and look what I find. A wonderful sunset and a surprise for me! You're a dear!

    I'm so glad that Grandpa bestowed this award on you. He obviously knows that you contribute to making life good for a lot of people and deserve the award. And now you've brightened my day! You're a wonderful Cyberpal, Joylene, Thank you! I'm honoured you thought of me when passing along the award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats joylene!
    reading your first lines, I was like "yea she's talking about me..." i'm actually not in my greatest spirits these days but i'm aware that other people are experiencing worse than i do and this thought nudges me to help myself better. reading this particular post made me really feel better and i had to smile. yea, life is good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My pleasure Joylene! Thank you for your kind words, and for passing around this goodness to those lovely bloggers.

    I will now pay a visit to our new cyberpals! Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really enjoyed learning a little more about you, Joylene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Careann, you are most welcome. I still think it's amazing that I stopped by the Fed of BC Writers webpage one day and randomly clicked on your name. I thought it sounds marvelous, but who knew it would fit its host so well. Have a fabulous week. Enjoy the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Marie. I'm so glad you found something in this post. I know from your own blog that life has been difficult for you. You're in the right place. Cyberhugs are wonderful things. Here's hoping you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the wonderful thing about cyber awards, Grandpa. I'm sure lots of bloggers see their names attached to these awards and at first think, oh goodness, not another one. LOL But I doubt that thought lasts long. As soon as they stop and realize what prompted the sender to add their name to the list, they must smile. Life is too darn short not to appreciate being appreciated. Happy Thursday, Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carole. It's silly really, but I still find it difficult sharing stuff about myself. My life seems so uneventful compared to everyone else. I'm getting better though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like how you accepted this and turned it around. Congratulations on the award, you truly deserve it.

    Great opening paragraph. Agree with Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Shopgirl. I love meeting new people in my community of cyberpals. I stopped by your blog. Best of luck with your writing. You're in great company.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Joylene. CONGRATS on receiving such a nice award. Life is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Susanne. Thanks. Hope you're having a great day. Getting lots of writing done. It's snowing here, which is a perfect day to write. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations.. may you life always be good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, Sy. I accept your blessing. Have a safe and wonderful week, and keep up the great work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! Couldn't have picked a better recipient!

    I dont' know what you call it, either. I just know this past year brought things into my life that I would have thought would make me bitter about life. Oddly, it did just the opposite...made me realize how really precious it is.

    And part of that includes wonderful folk like you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. To see the changes in you, Carol, to witness your confidence grow is a wonderful thing. I'm so happy for your success. It's only going to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joy,
    I just now saw this blog! You made me cry! You are the incredible one my friend and sister. I think we've already decided we must be related, right?
    I can't thank you enough for thinking of me.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    I love you sis!
    Katt

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah, Katt. You are so welcome. And you deserve it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.