Tuesday, April 19, 2011

INSPIRATION AWARD for you

I'm honoured to accept the Inspiration Award by a great blogger and all round inspirational guy, Klahanie, A Man Challenging His 'Inner Critic'. Gary. Thank you.

Here are the rules :

1.  Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you.
2.  Link posts by you and ten fellow bloggers you find inspirational.
3.  Forward the award to those ten fellow bloggers.

If you don't know klahanie's blog, you're missing something quite wonderful. Gary's located far, far away in a distant land of kings and queens, and the soon-to-be-married Will and Kate. Yes, the UK. Gary may be best known as the proud owner of Penny the Jack Russell and modest internet star, but he's also the source of wonderful satire, beautiful photographs, and words to inner peace. In plain English, Gary's blog is topnotch.

I love that I'm not only able to share these 10 inspiring bloggers, but by including a specific link, I get to show you why they're so worthy of this award. 

1. Carol J. Garvin's Careann's Musings is about being a writer, a Christian, a Canadian. Carol is driven to being the best person she can be. Her blog inspires me. Besides posts supporting writers, authors, she connects God's scriptures link to everyday life. She also shares the most breathtaking photos of BC's lower mainland, including  IN THE STILLNESS OF THE NIGHT.

2. In one of her many blogs, Pat Bertram writes about surviving grief. The rest of the time she helps many struggling writers by showing what's important to our craft. Her post ON WRITING: Tell, Don't Show is a must-read for any writer. Pat's love of our craft is inspiring.

3. Amanda Borenstadt, a wife and mommy, inspires my nurturing self. Her post GIVE YOUR CHARACTERS CHARACTER is a knockdown perspective on what so many writers forget to add in their scenes.Way to go, Amanda.

4. One of my favourite writers, Christopher Hoare captures the essence of what it means to be a courageous, honourable woman in his Isklander series. Chris' creates female protagonists that honour women as the heroic and fallible creatures they are. I love that. A generally serious guy, he lightens things up in his post on ODD NAMES.

5. On Anita F. Stewart's blog, you're sure to find the review you've been waiting for. Anita showcases novels from all genres. She never fails to inspire me by her astute take on story, structure and characters.  CONFESSIONS OF A NEWBIE SCI-FI WRITER, is just one of hundreds of her excellent guest spots.

6. Carole Anne Carr, The Adventures of a Children's Author, (introduced me to klahanie) writes the most delightful children stories. Her characters are mavericks, adventurers, characters living extraordinary lives in all era's. Carole is a generous soul. In this post, she offers the services of her editor Neil Fein.

7. PFEIFFER PFILMS AND MEG MOVIES, A Small Cinema in Bellagio is the gem child of Paul S. Paul loves Michelle Pfeiffer and Meg Ryan. There's something very special about Michelle and Meg, and Paul captures their essence in every single post. His enthusiasm for these two amazing women inspires me. Paul understands human nature and nicely illustrates why we are captivated by these two. FRENCH KILL AND A FEW OTHERS... wonderful.

8. You can't check out all these wonderful bloggers without stopping off to see some pirates. Jaxpop, Haunted City Writer promises the latest news of the Jack Rackham Adventures, plus so much more. Dave Ebright writes for kids, simple as that. Every time I read his blog, I reminded how the wonders of childhood. But there's much more than just that. His visit to Key West was awesome. HEMINGWAY'S FAVORITE CATHOUSE.

9. I met Martha Engber on my writer's list. I read one of her unfinished manuscripts. That prompted me to buy her book: Growing Great Characters From the Ground Up. That prompted me to buy her novel: The Wind Thief. Her writing is outstanding. When I'm feeling dry, I open The Wind Thief to a random page, read, then get back to work. Martha Engber, you are inspiring! Here's one of her many great articles:  TO LEARN: READ A BOOK LIKE THE ONE YOU'RE WRITING.

10. I can't say enough about KATT'S KOMMENTS. Kathryn Neff Perry is one of those people you love instantly. She's kind, sweet, honourable, and gifted. I bet her heart shines from space. I bet its sparkle is the size of Texas. Read any of her posts and I'm sure you'll agree. ONLY A MOMENT

ps. I would have listed Vicki's blog if she had one!!! <hint>

Okay, now for the hard part. I'm a mother, author, friend. But really that covers half the writers I know. What sets me apart? I haven't a clue. Except maybe that I'm continuing questioning everything. Apparently I started young and almost drove my parents nuts. At the end, I think this quote will fit me best: The older I got the more I realized there was no much more I had to know.


Here's a tidbit of who I am: SELF-PUBLISHING YOU SAY?

37 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for including me, Joylene, and an especially big thanks for including Neil. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joylene.
    I'm extremely flattered that you would even think of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hi Carole. I was just so humbled when you offered your editor to us. That is the sign of a very special person. Have a great day.

    @Paul, you have a lovely post and your tribute to Meg and Michelle is inspiring. By showing us the uniqueness of their performances, you make us want to do better. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you wicked..!! Here I was doing the coordination for a nursing seminar, reading all these different blogs, going...yeah, yeah, I should get around to this... And WHAMMO - there's a big bomb in the middle of yours! Hah! I think you're psychic. And bad, very bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah. It's strange you should say I'm bad. I was feeling terrible after that BIG hint. Note I didn't put your last name so readers wouldn't know who I meant. And then there you go. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning the Inspiration Award, Joylene. You are indeed an inspiration to those around you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just completed the formalities by adding my acceptance to my post from earlier today.
    Thanks again for your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hi Laura. Thanks. Hope you're having a wonderful and "warm" day.

    @Paul, I hope many readers find your blog as inspiring as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you included me with all these wonderful writers. Wow, what an honor!
    I should be honoring you my precious friend. You are an inspiration to me. I can't wait to read these other blogs-----
    Thank you so much for this great honor!
    Love you
    Katt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, Katt. You're the reason I love blogging. You and your blog light up my day. I don't really want to share you, but...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anita. I'm very happy to present you with this award. Your blog is informative and inspiring. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joylene,
    It was my pleasure to forward on that inspirational award to your very kind self. Your information, your guest writers and your wonderfully written stories and photos are most assuredly, inspiring.
    Thank you for your very flattering comment in regards to shy and humble me :) Of course, I'm located far, far way, however, very soon, I shall make my triumphant return to my other home of British Columbia.
    Hearty congrats to those you forwarded the award onto. Of course, I already have the great honour of knowing a couple of them.
    Shall duly check out the rest.
    All the best to you, Joylene.
    Kind wishes, Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gary. Are you getting excited? That's one long airplane ride. Hope you bring your favourite pillow. Thank you for honouring me with this award. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, my excitement level has almost reached the point of euphoria.
    It will be about a ten hour flight on 'Blog Air'. I shall be in the cargo hold with all the insignificant bloggers. The consolation shall be I will be clutching on to my 'Bart Simpson' pillow :)
    You are most welcome for that award.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool - Thanks a bunch, Joylene. I'd better get back to blogging more often. (Actually I've got a ton of "stuff" coming up in the not so distant future" - just pulling it all together while waiting for the print version of RECKLESS to come out. Hint: Late April).

    Muchas Gracias. D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the new book, Dave. Come and visit me on my blog when it's ready. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And here's the imagined conversation between Joylene and I:

    Joylene: Thanks for being so inspirational.

    Martha: Gosh, thanks for thanking me for being inspirational, but really, you're the inspirational one.

    Joylene: You inspire me to be inspirational.

    Martha: Yeah, well, your inspirational beats my inspirational...

    People of good cheer can't help but to cheer others.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, Martha, gads, I think we're related!

    ReplyDelete
  19. (After that 'inspirational' exchange I absolutely have to visit Martha's blog! LOL.)

    Thanks so much for this award, Joylene, and congratulations for being a recipient yourself. You definitely deserve it. You bless me with your constant encouragement and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, please do stop by and visit Martha. You're very welcome, Carol. It's my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Joylene! Gary couldn't have chosen a better person.
    And well done to the rest of the recipients too!

    Grandpa
    Life on The Farm

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, thanks, Grandpa. Happy farming. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Joylene. You truly are an inspiration to us bloggers. You've already won the award, so I can't re-award it to you, but I would if I could. I am honored that you would include me in your list of inspirational bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Joylene,in this madness which is the A-Z Challenge I don't think I've come by. It was inspirational to see your award today, congrats, and same to those you've passed it onto. Some I know some I don't.

    Denise<3

    L'Aussie Travel A-Z Challenge Posts

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pat, you've made me blush. And to think I was having a bit of a down week, and then I posted your quest spot, won an award. Now all I need is more signs of spring. Thanks again for visiting, Pat. Please come back any time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. L"Aussie, hi! Yes, I stopped by your blog and saw just how busy you've been. Your interview with Mr. Firth was wonderful. Thanks for visiting today. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Joylene .. great award - and inspirational is the right word .. good for Gary .. I think he must be cozying up - as after his blog-air flight with all those insignificant other bloggers .. he'll need some true cluccy cluculzy cozy comfort one he's back on his Canadian soil ..

    Well done to everyone .. cheers and have Happy Easters .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats Joylene! You deserve it. :) Congrats to the new winners as well.
    What sets you apart? You are a faithful and supportive friend - I am grateful for your friendship.
    Have a blessed weekend,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Haha, thanks, Hilary. That's 5 Cs. Yay. Hope your Easter is extra special. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. God Bless you too, Karen. Have a safe and wonderful Easter. Thanks for the support. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks, Susanne. Hope your Easter is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Martha Engber spoke at my writer's club awhile back. She is amazing. I learned so much.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wish I'd been there, Colleen. I work with Martha online and her rough draft of an unpublished work was amazing.

    Thanks for stopping by and letting me know. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Colleen.

    Thanks for the mention about the workshop. How great to know you walked away with some useful information. And how much more fun to know you're connected to Joylene, too! Six degrees of separation...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Martha, what would be really kewl is if one day we could actually speak in person, after I attend one of your speaking engagements. That would be terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.