Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Irresistible Sweet Blog Award

I'd like to thank Susanne for this sweet award.  Her blog is Putting Words Down on Paper, http://susannedrazic.blogspot.com/.

Thank you, Susanne!

And I'd also like to thank Nancy S. Thompson http://nancysthompson.blogspot.com/. I'm very grateful to both of you for nominating me. I think awards are a wonderful expression of appreciation for what we bloggers try to do.


The Rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 8 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

7 Random Facts:

1. I hate movies that depict animals injured or made to suffer in any way, even if it's pretend.
2. Saying I love you out loud chokes me up.
3. My college English professor told me I'd never make it as a writer.
4. Even if I was filthy rich I'd still live in Canada.
5. The morning before a reading or book signing, I generally throw up.
6. I started dieting when I was 13 and finally quit a year ago.
7. I bake cookies four times a month.

Passing The Award To:

I was supposed to choose 15, but I'm cheating a bit and cutting it back to 10. The lack of time is one factor, but mostly it's because I think too many winners makes it harder for you all to connect to them. The reason I've picked these 8 is because they're sweet, despite what they say. And that's not to say those I didn't choose aren't, just ... heck I should shut up while I'm ahead. Except to say take a moment and stop by for a visit. These are a terrific bunch of writers.

1. Footsteps of a Writer   http://chergreen.blogspot.com/ (Cher)
2. Kat Komments  http://kattskomments.blogspot.com/  (Katt)
3. Klahanie http://klahanie.blogspot.com/ (Gary)
4. Positive Letters http://positiveletters.blogspot.com/ (Hilary)
5. To Write is to Breath, to Live, to Dance, http://authorczampa.blogspot.com/ (Carol)
6. Trailowner, http://trailowner.blogspot.com/  (Chris)
7. A Fortnight of Mustard, http://afortnightofmustard.blogspot.com/ (Amanda)
8. Pfeiffer Philms & Meg Movies. http://pfeifferpfilmsandmegmovies.blogspot.com/  (Paul)


Thanks again, Nancy and Susanne. It's an honour to accept this award.
--
joylene

24 comments :

  1. Wow, what a surprise Joy! Thank you so very much.
    I am speechless! Ha ha---don't tell my hubby!
    Hugs
    Katt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Joylene! And congrats to the new winners! Fun to learn more about you. I'll be by for some cookies...:)

    Happy weekend!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You're welcome here anytime, Karen. Yes the country is just too darn big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joylene, Congrats on the award. Congrats to all other recipients. Thanks you so much for thanking of me. The best things about the awards is you find new great bloggers by following the other winners. Can't wait to see your other choices.

    Best wishes,
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the attitude I'm talking about, Cher. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A well deserved award, Joylene. Congratulations! You're always sweet (maybe it's all those cookies???) and also very generous with your words of encouragement. I'm familiar with some of the others you've listed... will head off now and check out the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Joylene. As always I'm flattered that you would even consider me.
    Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joylene .. thanks so much .. the sweetie award in the summertime when fresh strawberries are abounding .. as it's been so dry - so they haven't gone mildewy this year.

    Irrestibly sweet too .. I must check out the others - Gary is only one I know .. he's over with you in Canada I think ..

    Wonderful - thank you! Cheers and hope your trip is going well .. lots of interest? Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Joylene! To be chosen by you is indeed an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Joylene!
    To have been chosen by you is indeed an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol. Yes, it must be the cookies! I just this minute asked my husband if he agreed, and he looked doubtful. LOL. Hmm. See you soon, Carol. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paul, you are so welcome. You have a lovely blog and I hope more and more readers visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hilary. Gary's home now. It was disappointing because I couldn't get down to see him. Dates didn't mesh this year. I leave on my book tour in one week. So much to do. Yes, I'm getting excited! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're very welcome, Carol. Hope you're having a lovely Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joylene,
    Well done for receiving another well deserved award. And yes, these awards can be a very thoughtful way of expressing our appreciation for our fellow bloggers within the great blogging community.
    Well done to those you have forwarded this award onto. I shall duly check out those I'm not aware of. Thank you for including me amongst your list. I'm most honoured. It may take me a little while to post up this award. I'm still rather out of sorts from my trip to BC and have a few postings on my time there, waiting to be written.
    Cheers Joylene.
    In kindness eh, Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so welcome, Amanda. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Post your nominations anytime, Gary. That's the nice thing about this, no time constraints. Happy Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Joylene! And many congrats on your upcoming book release! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've added a dedicated page for your award Joylene, have a look at the top of my blog next time you come over.
    In the meantime good luck with your book release.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Lauren, thank you. Hope your week is terrific.

    @Paul, I'll check it out now. Have a terrific week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joylene, I wanted to stop by to say hello.

    CONGRATS to everyone you passed the award on to.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Same to you, Susanne. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.