Sunday, August 21, 2011

Guest Author: Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz

Please give a big welcome to my guest today: Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz

Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz has published hundreds of articles and short stories in print magazines and on-line. She writes for both adults and children. Her fiction has appeared in numerous genre and children’s publications and non‑fiction work has appeared in a variety of writing, parenting, and young adult print magazines and on line publications.  She edits for three small independent publishers.  

Love Delivery, Lady-in-Waiting, and Mirror, Mirror are coming in 2011 from MuseItUp Publishing. Her YA chapbook, Dragon Sight and her anthology A Past and A Future are available at Sam’s Dot Publishing.  Funny Dog, Boo’s Bad Day, and Many Colored Coats, all picture books, and Ghost for Lunch, a sequel, are schedule for publication with 4RV. Her MG novel, Ghost for Rent, is currently in transition from previous publisher to a new publisher.

A Past and A Future, a short story collection
http://sdpbookstore.com/anthologies.htm
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/62608

Dragon Sight, a YA illustrated chapbook
http://sdpbookstore.com/storybooks.htm

Love Delivery, contemporary romance, August, 2011
http://tinyurl.com/4ajo9wz

Lady in Waiting, historical romance, coming November, 2011
Mirror, Mirror, time travel romance, coming December 2011
https://museituppublishing.com/bookstore2

Funny Dog, picture book, coming May, 2012
Ghost for Lunch, MG novel, coming September, 2013
Many Colored Coats, picture book, coming October, 2014
Boo's Bad Day, picture book, coming June, 2015
http://4RVpublishingllc.com/Childrens_Books.html




Title: Love Delivery
Publisher: MuseItUp Publishing
Author: Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy Link:  http://tinyurl.com/4ajo9wz

Hi everyone.  My name is Tom and I’m a major supporting character in Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz’s contemporary romance, Love Delivery.

It’s funny she should name her story “love delivery” because I’m a delivery man.  I’ve worked at a lot of different jobs, but I’ve been delivering supplies to the local restaurants and bakeries for several years now. 

Ann is the manager at the local independent donut shop. She and I have become good friends, I think.  I feel like she doesn’t give herself enough credit.  She’s adorable, with her ponytail, green eyes, and turned up nose.  I suspect she’s too hung up on her body shape, but to me, she’s perfect.  I often wonder what she thinks of me when I’m at the shop.  Sometimes I catch her looking at me with real desire in her eyes, but other times, it seems like she couldn’t care less about me.

I think I’m a rather average looking guy.  I’m in my twenties, but I’ve already been married, and I’m divorced.  I got married to Maria when we were just out of high school. She got pregnant, and I felt like even if the baby weren’t mine, she could have been.  I’ve never regretted it even though things never worked out for us.  I had to work two jobs to keep our apartment and food on our table.  Neither of us had an education and couldn’t get good paying jobs. Catherine, our daughter, is a sweet little girl, and she’s my baby completely.  I call her “Kitten.”  I’ve made sure to keep visitation rights, and I send her money and see her as often as I can.

I called her Kitten because I love cats.  I have a lot of them.  Some people collect rocks; I collect cats.

Tyra, a gorgeous, long-haired black female, is my bathroom kitty. Whenever I’m sitting in there, she has to be in my lap. There’ve been times when my pants have been around my feet, and she’s curled up in my underwear.

Then there’s BeeBee. She’s a Siamese. When I first got her, I thought she liked to cuddle, but it turned out she was just scared. It took me a long time, with lots of persuasion, to get her to come close to me. Finally, I was able to pick her up. I had her in my arms, and I put my face down to smell her fur. Suddenly, she turned and bit me on the nose.

I think my favorite, though, is Loki. He’s the smallest of the bunch. He has allergies, and if I don’t get him to the vet for a shot in time, he loses his fur on his rear quarters, right by his tail. He loves to ride on my shoulders. Looks just like I’m wearing a fur collar.

Then there’s the two new ones, they’re the kittens. They haven’t developed personalities yet. You should always get two kittens instead of one.” (Excerpted from Love Delivery.)

I live out in the country.  When I finally got enough money saved up from my jobs, I put a down payment on an old farmhouse with a couple of acres of property.  I love my back deck where I can sit and relax. Maria never wanted to live in the country and she hated the house.  She said it was too quite.  She wanted life in the big city.  I’m not sure if she’ll ever find what she really wants or needs.

I’m planning to ask Ann to go out to dinner and the cat show, which is coming to town.  She told me she has one cat, so I’m hoping she’ll enjoy the show.  I think you’ll have to read Love Delivery to see if she and I will hook up or not.

Do remember to leave your name and email address when you comment.  Penny is giving away a short story to one person who comments.

Thanks so much for visiting, Penny. It was a honour.
--
joylene

21 comments :

  1. What a great way to provide a review/description of the book! It sounds wonderful. Best wishes with its, and your other books', success.

    Penny, it's great that you write in multiple genres. That's where I'm leaning now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Karen. I too found Penny's diversity inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joylene and Penny,
    Yes, my name is Penny, also. That would be Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star. So here goes, a big welcome to your guest today, Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz :)
    This does indeed seem fascinating and I too, also like the way one of the characters from her book gave that introduction.
    All the best with the book.
    Pawsitive and pawesome wishes, Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, hi! Was it your paws I saw near the donuts? What am I thinking. Of course it wasn't you. Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star doesn't like icing. Or am I mixing you up with the other Jack Russell dog?

    Say howdy to Gary, 'kay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joylene, thank you for hosting me today. I'm glad your readers are enjoying the visit with Tom.

    I do want to remind everyone that one person who comments today will receive a short romance story. Also everyone who comments will be entered into the final drawing for a copy of Love Delivery...even Penny the Jack Russell terrier!

    Thank you all for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reminding us, Penny. I'll leave this post at the top for another day because it's Sunday and so many of my followers are off doing family things.

    Thanks for being my guest. It's been my pleasure having you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Joylene. I appreciate your ongoing support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I love cats too! Not sure about a date to a cat show though. Guess I'll have to read this sweet romance to see if that is a good pick up line...!! Clever interview. Best wishes on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you, 'Tom'...you love cats, you're the man of my dreams.

    And I love your lips on the cover and the donuts. What can I say? You are a man after my own heart.

    Sounds like a wonderful book! Nice to meet you, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny,

    Tom sounds like a wonderful man. I'm not sure about all the cats though, lol. I'm a cat lover but two babies are enough for me.

    Good luck with your writing,

    Cher Green
    cher438lynn at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. @JQ, thanks for stopping by. I'm going to read this to find out if it's a good pick up line too.

    @Carol, thanks for stopping by. Penny's work is outstanding and her love stories are sweet and a delight to read.

    @Cher, I swore I'd only ever have 2 cats, then we moved to the lake where every summer people leave their cats behind. We had 5 strays and are now down to 3. A fellow down the road had 12 once, and another family are feeding 10 outside. Shameful that these cats were left behind.

    Thanks for stopping by, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the intro to Penny! I enjoyed the info about the book. It was fun to read it from Tom's perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cher, thanks for stopping by and commenting. We're down to only two cats now, although we've had more. In fact, the three cats Tom has in the story, are all based on our own cats.

    Karen, glad you enjoyed the interview from Tom's perspective. Ann had her chance and Maria will also have a chance at the end of the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet, I've never had anyone invite me to a cat show on a date, but I did get invited to a dog show on a date. It was quite interesting.

    Hi Carole, it's always fun to create male characters we'd like to meet ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen. I'm glad you enjoyed Tom's perspective. Doesn't he sound cute. I think the book is going to be very successful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful guest post. It was fun meeting one of the characters from the book. I like cat people, as I myself have a cat. I'll add this title to my ever growing TBR book list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you were able to stop by and meet Tom, Susanne. As for your ever growing TBR, I understand. Mine is growing daily.

    Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susanne, glad you were able to make one of the tour stops. It's always a pleasure to "see" you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Cher! Joylene has picked you name as the winner of A Midsummer's Knight. Everyone's names will be entered into the final drawing for a copy of Love Delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, congrats Cher. Hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks! I hardly ever win anything, but when I do it turns out to be something awesome. Can't wait to read.

    Do I need to do anything on my end? Physical address, email address?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.