Sunday, September 15, 2013

CassaStorm by Alex J. Cavanaugh! Released this week~!

Alex J. Cavanaugh's new book CASSASTORM is being released on Tuesday, September 17. Leave a comment and you're automatically entered to win a Cassa mug, Cass mousepad, swag, and a $25 iTunes gift card!

For those of you who may not know who Alex is...

Be ashamed. Be very ashamed.


Alex is our Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer's Support Group. You can find out more about us here. Alex is also author of the Amazon bestsellers: CassaStar and CassaFire.


I asked Alex a question I'm sure all of us want to know:

"Alex," I said. "How do you maintain your boyish figure while spending all those grueling hours sitting at the computer?"

Haha, Okay, that's a lie.

"Alex," I actually said, "how do you maintain the energy level required to do all the hosting, blogging, commenting, and editing that you do?

And wise Alex replied, "Energy drinks and lots of them!"
 
Then in his most serious of ninja voices, he added, "I guess I just go at it with the right attitude and enjoy. Can’t get tired if I’m having a good time."

Bravo, Captain Alex!




CassaStorm

By Alex J Cavanaugh

From the Amazon Best Selling Series!

A storm gathers across the galaxy…



Commanding the Cassan base on Tgren, Byron thought he’d put the days of battle behind him. As a galaxy-wide war encroaches upon the desert planet, Byron’s ideal life is threatened and he’s caught between the Tgrens and the Cassans.

After enemy ships attack the desert planet, Byron discovers another battle within his own family. The declaration of war between all ten races triggers nightmares in his son, threatening to destroy the boy’s mind.
Meanwhile the ancient alien ship is transmitting a code that might signal the end of all life in the galaxy. And the mysterious probe that almost destroyed Tgren twenty years ago could return. As his world begins to crumble, Byron suspects a connection. The storm is about to break, and Byron is caught in the middle…

“CassaStorM is a touching and mesmerizing space opera full of action and emotion with strong characters and a cosmic mystery.” – Edi’s Book Lighhouse

"Cavanaugh makes world building on the galactic scale look easy. The stakes affect the entire known universe and yet Cavanaugh makes it intensely personal for our hero. The final installment of this series will break your heart and put it back together."
- Charity Bradford, science fantasy author of The Magic Wakes



$16.95 USA, 6x9 Trade paperback, 268 pages, Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.
Science fiction/adventure and science fiction/space opera
Print ISBN 9781939844002 eBook ISBN 9781939844019
$4.99 EBook available in all formats

Find CassaStorm:

 Barnes and Noble 
Amazon
Amazon Kindle
Goodreads 


Book trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Umm2l0XdHc&feature=youtu.be




And now for what we've all be waiting for ... drum-roll, please

 (ratatatatatatatat...!

A photo of our fearless leader....




TWEET "CassaStorm by Alex J. Cavanaught, now released" (click to Tweet)

Alex, incognito...

Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design and graphics. He is experienced in technical editing and worked with an adult literacy program for several years. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online he is the Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. The author of the Amazon bestsellers, CassaStar and CassaFire, he lives in the Carolinas with his wife.

Website – http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/
Twitter – http://twitter.com/AlexJCavanaugh 
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4287922.Alex_J_Cavanaugh 

56 comments :

  1. Energy drinks? Is that the secret?
    I'm not really one for fizzy drinks, so I'll have to stick to my coffee... I am trying to cut down though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I just started drinking coffee. I'm a late bloomer. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Love the kung fu bunnies! This is going to be an epic tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex supports so many people, good to hear about him, Joylene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome, Joylene!! Most creative yet. (Although shamed puppy looks so sad.) Thanks for helping spread the world about my final book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lordy, sorry, Alex. I just realized I forgot to put in a title. Duh!

      Delete
  5. Good job,and Go Alex! Kung-fu Bunnies - nothing is soft and cuddly anymore? Perfect photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once had an addiction to Monster drinks, but a kidney stone cured that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet that wasn't fun. Hi David. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. love the kung-fu fighting picture! I have a friend who uses that as her ringtone and it makes me smile.

    Congrats on the new release, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Alex on his new release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover and trailer are so great! Go Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Joylene!

    Great post! Thanks for sharing! Following :)

    Who is Alex? I think having a fast computer and a clone or twelve must have something to do with Alex's ability to comment on a posting seconds after it's published. Seriously, well kinda' seriously, I know that the interaction he shares is a wonder to behold. Wish I could do that much. I mean, heavens to Betsy, whoever she is, I spend several hours, work through until a ridiculous hour of the morning, just trying to be interactive. Sorry, talking about me. Ignore that stuff about shy, humble me.

    Nice of you to share the mystery that is Alex. Wonder what he looks like? And yes, even though he thinks he doesn't have enough time for 'Farcebook', in my usual act of discreet altruism, I have shared this posting.

    All the beast, um best to Alex. And well done you, Joylene, you country pumpkin, you.

    Penny's alleged human,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gary. I know you're a buddy of Alex and appreciate his captainness. Do you by any chance know the answer to the question I posed? I fear I'll never know how to keep up. Dang.

      Delete
    2. "Gary," I said. "How do you maintain your boyish figure while spending all those gruelling hours sitting at the computer?"

      That question, Joylene? I gave up keeping up, so to speak. I've rented a part-time clone and always can rely on Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar to take over for me. Oh yes, this bad boy has not forgotten your email, eh. Oops n'stuff!

      And yes, Alex is a buddy and he's a captain. Whilst I'm a mere private, or something like that....

      Delete
    3. Hahah. Okay, not the answer I was looking for, but it'll work!

      Delete
  11. Lovely introduction for Alex's new release!

    The Ninja Captain rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Alex! I love the bunny ninja shot too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Energy drinks make me too jittery, but I LOVE my coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie. I waited 50+ years to start drinking coffee. Weird, eh?

      Delete
  14. I'll pass on the energy drinks but give me a chai latte or a mug of dandelion root tea and I'm happy. : )

    CONGRATS to Alex!

    Hi, Joylene! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dandelion Root Tea sounds wicked, Susanne. Haha. I have enough dandelions that I could make tons.

      Delete
  15. The puppy looks like our new little guy! Congrats Alex! Energy drinks, I get crazy after one cup of coffee, don't think I could handle those caffeine shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to Jessica. Thanks for visiting, Kathy.

      Delete
  16. Congrats, Alex! You've written another winner! So happy for you! But there's no way I could handle energy drinks. A Diet Pepsi wimps me out.

    Come on down, Joylene, for a cuppa coffee. What fun we'd have. (Hey, did you sell your house? Hope so!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took the house off the market, Kittie. We'll try again in the spring. Thanks for stopping by, eh. Have a good one.

      Delete
  17. Love all these cute animal pictures! And the fact that Alex is taking the blogging world by CassaSTORM!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Alex! Wishing you all the best! :)

    Hi Joylene! :) Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hah! I love the images. :)

    Congratulations again, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Joylene, those excerpts seem to be working, a few more orders for my little books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you, Carole. The excerpts are wonderful.

      Delete
  21. Hi Joylene .. I loved Alex' first book and now must read book 2, then 3 when it comes out ...

    He'll be kicking up a storm in his own right! His journey to publication and success is fascinating to watch ... Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful endorsement, Hilary. Yes, Alex is a superstar and is destine to go places. Yay.

      Delete
  22. Wise words from the Captain!
    Love that pic of the pooch :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The book sounds really great! I don't really like energy drinks. I like Coca-Cola much more.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Gina. Yup, my evil is Diet Coke. Embarrassed to admit that.

      Delete
  24. LOL. Those pictures are classic. CLASSIC. Thanks for that healthy dose of cheese, and may the ninja master live on. *bows most respectfully*

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cool blog post. I love the kung-fu bunnies :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations to Alex! That trailer is great, too. And the little Beagle pup...? Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! Yes, isn't he adorable. That's the way I see Alex, half ninja, half cuddly puppy.

      Delete
  27. All the things Alex does makes my head spin! Great post. Thanks for helping put up the new IWSG site. Looks like a lot of helpful info there for writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Janet. Alex is amazing. Like super human.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.