Saturday, August 30, 2014

Proof I participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

The following video may or may not be self-explanatory, so here's what I didn't say and should have. The ALS ice bucket challenge was introduced to help raise money for the progressive neuromuscular disease, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. Because of the ice-bucket challenge, they have surpassed $10 million. I nominated 3 cousins (they know who they are) in Manitoba.

Our youngest, who currently lives in the UK and isn't close enough for me to smack, nominated me for the challenge. I was going to donate to the cause. It's a great cause, but I had no plans on participating in the challenge at this time. However, that didn't stop the little brat from nominating me. And on the only day of the week that was raining and chilly.

What was wrong with nominating Dad!

The fleeing cat is Shasta, the coward.

The slip of tongue at the end of the video was unavoidable; sorry.

Anyway, I promised evidence; so with no further ado...




22 comments :

  1. Hi Joylene .. good for you and you did it to yourself was that part of the deal? Delighted they've raised so much money ... and I hope the research helps those with the disease ...

    I'm sneezing .. must be the cold! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary. Yes, I was told you had to do it to yourself, rather than having someone else do it.

      Delete
  2. You did it!
    I chickened out and just donated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shocked, Captain. Really, really, shocked. LOL

      Delete
  3. Love it! Good - on - you - Joylene :))

    Fantastic cause too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, Joylene! I had to do it this week, too. So much colder than I expected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence the slip of tongue at the end. Man, it was really cold! Thanks, Carrie.

      Delete
  5. Bravo for you. Slipups happen, No biggie. Ice cold water - that's a shock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS on doing the challenge. That's great that so much money has been raised so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on doing the challenge and that was one awesome video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go! Ugh. I've been hiding, hoping I'm not nominated. I'd rather just donate money than have ice dumped on me and donate money! Although some of the challenges say you don't have to donate $100 if you do the ice bucket, I've seen some say you donate the money either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I was so shocked when our youngest challenged me. The little brat. At the website they give the impression any donation is appreciated.

      Delete
  9. Hey, I'm a writer, too, kinda, sorta - I mainly publish on blogger. Follow me for a world of opportunity we givest unto thee, my just and fair liege, to grow-up, up, up and away (literally and figuratively):

    Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw… Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Meet me Upstairs. Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Joylene, I almost missed this!
    Congratulations!
    You rocked it! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.