Monday, November 17, 2014

Living in Mexico.

Today is day #17 of our winter hiatus in Bucerias, Nayarit. Is it my age or is it the change in climate that has me shaking my head as to how fast those seventeen days have passed? Doesn't matter. I will gain momentum soon and begin a routine of writing and blogging and whatever else I promised myself I'd do while here. The right schedule will arise in short order.

In fairness, my internet connection has been terrible and I've had to stifle my impatience. Which also means I've had no excuse for not writing.

That will change. I pledge to finish my current WIP, Shattered and to smooth out any clinks in my Vietnam political thriller, Kiss of the Assassin.

Mexico is a beautiful place with wonderful people. They are gracious, giving, and kind. I can't tell you how much I love it here. The gardener is even instructing me on the local vegetation.

We've renting a small villa inside the botanical gardens of Los Arroyos Verdes, called Casa Manzana.


I expect to do a lot of writing on the quiet terrace.






Or maybe by the communal swimming pool. Yes, it does rain occasionally.






I'm very grateful to be here. 

26 comments :

  1. What a beautiful spot. So lush and green! I don't know how much writing I'd get done there. I'd probably fall victim to a mañana and momentito attitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's happening a lot to me, Carol. I hope to get into some sort of routine soon. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Living in Mexico? How bloody marvelous!

    Here's to lots of writing, relaxing (that pool looks delicious - and is there a bar attached?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joylene .. looks like you'll have lots of visitors .. I might be there too! Looks stunning ... and good to learn and take that opportunity .. enjoy and relax .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That communal swimming pool looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of such lush surroundings, and I might be gazing a lot instead of writing, but I hope you find the pace that works for you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous, Joylene...
    Very conducive to writing...but on the other hand, also conducive to just sitting and staring...feasting ones eyes on and soaking up the verdant landscape...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it, Michelle. No wonder I'm not getting much done, eh?

      Delete
  7. I've never been to Mexico, but it does look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mexican Rivera is a beautiful place, Chrys. The people are gracious and patient. You'd love it here.

      Delete
  8. First, everything is so green and lush. I love it!

    Second, when you're not writing... just live. Soak up the customs and the characters you meet on this journey. You never know when something about them will make for a great character in your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm..... nice scenery and limited connection to the internet. Seems like a recipe for being a productive writer to me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I have no excuse for not writing, right? Thanks, Ken.

      Delete
  10. Enjoy every minute in Mexico. The writing can wait. You can do that at your kitchen table at home. You can't experience Mexico when you get home! Ole!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi human, Joylene,

    "Cause I'm thinking of you down in mexico,
    Feeling free as the air,
    Here I am stuck in the city,
    Still going nowhere." Do you remember, "Edward Bear"?

    My human also loves Mexico and the Mexican people. Okay,except when some of the Mexican people tried to sell him time shares. He told one Mexican dude trying to sell him time shares in Cancun was named, "Pancho Gomez." How pawfect a name.

    Happy times and take it easy, eh.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that song, Penny. We are taking it easy. Hope you are, too. Say hi to Gary.

      Delete
  12. So beautiful! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.