Wednesday, December 7, 2016

IWSG: December 2016



It’s time for another group posting of the IWSG: Insecure Writer’s Support Group! Time to release our fears to the world – or offer encouragement to those who are feeling neurotic. If you’d like to join us, click on the tab above and sign up. We post the first Wednesday of every month and encourage everyone to visit at least a dozen new blogs and leave a comment. Your words might be the encouragement someone needs.

IWSG is the brainchild of our noble Ninja Captain and leader Alex J. Cavanaugh

Our hashtag is @IWSG

The awesome co-hosts today are:

 Jennifer Hawes, Jen Chandler, Nick Wilford,Juneta Key, JH Moncrieff, Diane Burton, and MJ Fifield!

December Question: In terms of your writing career, where do you see yourself five years from now, and what’s your plan to get there? 

This is going to be short so I can spend time on more important things like visiting your blog. We're living in Bucerias now, have been here since Saturday, and my internet connection isn't hooked up yet. That isn't abnormal as things in Mexico are much slower than Canada. I'm sitting at an internet cafe with the morning sun beating straight at us. Lovely spot, but not great for working on a laptop. So as for today's question: my thought on where I'll be five years from now. ...

I have no idea. I'm not sure I want to know either. I've always felt that life should be an adventure. Of course I plan for many sensible things, but my career has been all over the place--a reality for most of us, I wonder. I'm happy at this precise moment and I wouldn't change anything. The only thing I can think of on the subject is I hope IWSG is still going strong in five year and I'm still here visiting you.
Have a happy IWSG day!

39 comments :

  1. So true. Most plans have to be adjusted constantly anyway. You are truly a free spirit. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Hope your day is full of happiness.

      Delete
  2. Hey, I'm not planning much either! Except that my goal is to have the IWSG around for a long, long time. It might change, but it's not going to die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't doubt it for one moment. You're a rock, Alex.

      Delete
  3. That's enough of a plan. I'm hoping the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My plan has wandered many directions, too.

    Bet it's nice and warm in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thank goodness for the constant breeze. Thanks for visiting, Diane.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are in a beautiful spot! It is hard to say where any of us will be in five years. I know I would like to be able to write full time in 5 years, but who knows! As my characters say, "Fear not the unexpected." :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it will happen and it will happen, Jess. I promise.

      Delete
  6. Lovely thoughts today. Mexico sounds nice! Happy Holidays <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Jamie. Thanks for all your support in 2016.

      Delete
  7. I answered the question and wrote my goals; but after reading your answer, I'm thinking your is much closer to truth. Life does have a way of unfolding in ways I never imagined. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens to me a lot too. Another reason why I love blogland. Best to you and Rick, Lynn. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  8. Bravo, Joylene! I agree. That's so cool that you're a fellow Canadian living in Mexico. I'm planning to move to a warm place in a few years, most likely Thailand. I'd love to hear about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JH. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

      Delete
  9. I like your approach! You're doing what you and Ralph want to do, enjoying another toasty warm winter while we throw another log on the fire here and wrap the afghan a bit closer. Enjoy the sunshine there.

    You know me and goal-setting so I don't need to tell you. I have my eye on publication of my novels and I'm working towards that, albeit slowly. My pace doesn't stress me. In the meantime I get the occasional non-fiction project completed, so I'm content. I have several things going on in my life, so, while I write regularly, it isn't always my day's first priority. Mañana. (I should move to Bucerias!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until your books are available. Go at your own pace. I'll patiently wait. LOL. Happy New Year, Carol!

      Delete
  10. I hope IWSG is still here and going strong years from now too. It's been such a great source of support and encouragement for me. Mexico sounds lovely, even if the internet is slow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Ellen. You're right, it's lovely here. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  11. Great answer. Have fun on the life ride but remember your seat belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Funny you should mention seatbelt. In Mexico I always wear my seatbelt. Crazy, crazy drivers!

      Delete
  12. What a lovely and honest post. Truly, none of us knows where we'll be in 5 years. It's good just to play it by ear and be adaptable. I hope you get your net connection soon. Have a great weekend in your sunny home-away-from-home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great idea...no goals, just wait for the adventure to happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may also be my age. Happy New Year, Steph.

      Delete
  14. Hope you are enjoying sunshine and lovely weather this week! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes plans and we keep on adapting to it. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best to you too, Kelly. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  16. Who knows what is around the corner? Hopefully good fortune, more books and sales. I hope we'll all be here in five years too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome. Your break sounds nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and full of blessings. Happy New Year to you and the others.

      Delete
  18. Life is an adventure! Hope your Christmas was wonderful. Wishing you a great and successful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year, Joylene! Wishing you a fantastic 2017.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come in and sit for while. We will talk about writing. We will share our dreams. Then I will serve tea and cookies. Home made and Gluten Free.